-
October 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
#11
Senior Hostboard Member
There were a number of designs using that technology, the Engine name was not applied to many,
AFAIK the Engine was only applied to the big coax horn. If anybody knows different I'd love to fill in any gaps.
-
October 21st, 2007, 11:58 PM
#12
Senior Hostboard Member
I may need to apologise again.
Please understand I just really didn't like Altec pro.
They did some fast footwork, and without going into detail made promises to people they didn't keep. A couple of, not really friends, let's say "friendly aquaintances" got the short end from them. And of course, I didn't like playing fast and loose with what was left of Altec's reputation...
One thing that would be nice though- someone who has time to talk to Bill regularly- maybe Todd?
If we could get a list of product Bill made for them....those products mat be collectible someday.
Those IMHO could be sold as REAL Altecs. Made by Bill, and legally branded.
-
October 22nd, 2007, 01:49 AM
#13
HB Forum Owner
Keep on the lookout for a NEW 12" Two-way, engine-style home hi-fi speaker with a 1.4" throat and a NEW horn design from Bill @ GPA...
I've heard the prototype and it is IMPRESSIVE - usable, hearable response all the way to 20K!
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ October 21, 2007 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>
-
October 22nd, 2007, 01:54 AM
#14
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by Old Guy:
[QB]I'm not trying to be facetious- are you completely unaware that Sparkomatic rented a small office in OKC so the could pretend to be the real Altec?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, I was...... re-read my post. I think you must have been replying as I was editing.
-
October 22nd, 2007, 01:59 AM
#15
Senior Hostboard Member
Originally posted by Old Guy:
AFAIK the Engine was only applied to the big coax horn.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You mean the whole unit, driver, HF horn, and bass cabinet, is the Engine?
-
October 22nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
#16
Inactive Member
Originally posted by CONVERGENCE:
That would be the Engine and is a trademark of Great Plains Audio...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not registered though, so it's only a trademark in the sense that they use the name for a product.
Trademark registering is a funny business, take the Tangerine for example. Registered to Iconic, who neither invented it, nor have the means to manufacture it. By "owning" the trademark though, no one else can market the product under that name. Such ownership can be had for the insignifigant sum of filing a registration application with the USPTO, assuming they approve the application as otherwise unused by a similar product.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks